Information & Consent
When this policy mentions “booking system,” “booking engine,” “system,” “website,” “platform,” “app,” “webapp,” “services,” “online services,” it refers to all pages and functions under https://emeraldvillas.reserve-online.net/ unless specified otherwise.
By accessing the platform or providing information, you agree to our privacy practices as set out in this privacy statement. We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
When this policy mentions “we,” “us,” or “our,”, “data controller,”, “controller,”, it refers to Emerald Villas & Suites.
What Information Is Collected and How Is It Collected?
We may collect personal information (which is information that identifies you or relates to you as an identifiable person) about you such as your:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Financial information
- Profile picture
- Social media account ID
- Stay information
- Communication preferences
We may collect information from you when you interact with us such as when you:
- Register for a product or service
- Contact us with a question or request
- Use our Services
- Make a payment for a product or service
- Stay at one of our properties
- Provide a testimonial or story
- Participate in a competition or sweepstake
- Participate in our loyalty program
Other Information we collect about you:
- One of the purposes of cookies is to simplify the use of the Website. A cookie may save a user’s login details for example, so that the user does not need to login every time. Cookies, by themselves, do not provide us with your personal information.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” or “temporary” (or “session”) cookies. A persistent cookie retains user preferences for a particular Website allowing those preferences to be used in future browsing sessions and remains valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A temporary cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- Cookies are also used for statistical or marketing purposes, to determine how the Website is used. These cookies are provided by us as well as by third parties (e.g., advertising partners). While we do not control or have access to the advertiser cookies we do permit those cookies to be used on this Website to facilitate tailored advertising and to monitor patterns of buying specific goods or interest in – for example, holidays or hobbies. These cookies run advertisements tailored to the user based on his online buying habits.
- Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to help us get a better understanding of how visitors use this Website. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookie about your use of this Website is transmitted to and stored by Google. If you do not want your activity on this Website to be tracked by Google Analytics, you may opt out by using this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- From Other Sources: We may receive your personal information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Website account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
- Mobile Devices: When you use access our Services from a mobile device, we may collect information such as your unique device ID and your location information. When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number
How Do We Use Your Information?
The information we collect from you helps us to identify ways that we can continue to serve you in the best way possible and provide you with personalized products and services that suit your lifestyle. We use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services or an event in which you are attending and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To complete and fulfill any purchases or requests for services, for example, to process your payments or a hotel stay or vacation rental, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you via postal mail, email, telephone or SMS.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may also aggregate and/or anonymize personal information for research, to improve our products and services; and for other business purposes.
How Do We Disclose Your Information?
Your information may be disclosed as follows:
- Message Boards: We may make message boards, blogs, and other such user- generated content facilities available to users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should always be careful when deciding to disclose your personal information. We are not responsible for privacy practices of other users including website operators to whom you provide information.
- Disclosure Permitted by Law: Law enforcement authorities, government or public agencies, regulators, and/or to any other person having appropriate legal authority or justification for receipt of your information, if we believe that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of Emerald Villas & Suites or others.
- We may use and disclose Other Data for any purpose, except where we are not allowed to under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Data with Personal Data (such as combining your name with your location). If we do, we will treat the combined data as Personal Data as long as it is combined.
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
- Security of Your Information: We will take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, no security system is 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure the security of information that you provide to us via the Services.
Other Important Information
- Social Media Sites: Please note that we are not responsible for the collection, usage and disclosure policies and practices (including the data security practices) of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
- Minors: We do not knowingly collect, maintain or use personal information from children under 18 years of age, and no part of Services is directed to individuals under the age of 18.
Choices and Contact Us with Your Questions
- Marketing: We may contact you by email, telephone, SMS or postal mail with information about products or services offered by Emerald Villas & Suites or a third party that may be of interest to you.
- You can opt-out in this way at any time by:
- Using the unsubscribe function in the email you receive from us.
- If you do not wish to receive further direct marketing from us about Emerald Villas & Suites products or services, send an email to email@example.com
- · Access to Information We Hold about You: If you would like to access, obtain copies, update, correct or request that we suppress or delete any of the information we hold about you or if you require further information from us about how we use your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Additional information about your data privacy rights: You have a right to:
- Ask for confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Information is processed and receive communication of that in an intelligible form.
- Get information relating to: The collection source of your Personal Information; The Purposes and methods of processing your Personal Information; The identity of the Data Controller and its “responsible” persons or local representatives, if appointed; and/or The entities and individuals or relevant categories to whom or which your Personal Information may be communicated.
- Obtain: Updates, rectification or integration to/of your Personal Information;
- Confirmation that your Personal Information is deleted, made anonymous or blocked if processed unlawfully, including the Personal Information whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which it has been collected or subsequently processed; and/or
- Confirmation that the aforesaid operations have been notified, as also related to their contents, to entities and individuals to whom or which your Personal Information was communicated or disseminated, unless it is impossible or it may involve manifestly disproportionate efforts compared with the right that is to be protected.
- Object, on the whole or partially: On legitimate grounds, to the processing of your Personal Information, even though relevant to the purpose of its collection; and/or To the processing of your Personal Information, where made for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or for the performance of market surveys or marketing communication.